Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECP Came On-Lost some electronic perks

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Default ECP Came On-Lost some electronic perks

Jetta balked at starting twice then turned over. The ECP light showed up on on the dash. The manual said "take your vehicle to a VW dealer immediately". The manual also told me that the electronic controls would be transferred to an alternate panel but I'd probably lose power. Don't want to do that just yet.

HISTORY: Because the lights-on alarm has quit sounding, I forgot to turn off the tail lights (twice in two weeks). The car was so dead even the clock quit working. Then the ECP thingy. I've read some of the other posts about the fuse box and alternator cable melting and needing replacing and I'm going to have the fuses tested this week.

SO FAR MY ISSUES ARE: The heater fan works only on high; the electronic key doesn't unlock the car (it does lock it); the clock won't keep accurate time; the engine sounds a little stressed (loss of power?); tail lights don't come on when headlights do.

MY QUESTION: Have any of you experienced this with a Jetta and if yes, please share your insights. I'm an old old woman on fixed income (oh woe is me) and I can't just go to the dealer and spend a bundle if it's a do-it-yourself fix. Thanks in advance for reading.

The manual that came with the car sucks. Fuses tested. All good. Help . . .