Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold Starting

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Default Cold Starting

I have a 1995 VW Jetta GL III with the 2.0 engine. I started it up the other morning and it started up fine. I drove it about two blocks from my house, and it died on me. I tried starting it again and it wouldn't turn over. I have power to my lights, dash, and everything else, but it just doesn't turn over. I tested the battery and it is a good battery. The terminals are fine, the connections are fine. I have antifreeze in the car. I don't know what is wrong and why it's not starting. Friends of mine have told me that they think there is moisture in the lines, but I felt all the lines I could, and they don't feel frozen. When I was driving it, it drove like it normally does. I drove it the night before and previously for the past two months. It just all of a sudden won't start. It has gotten below 32 degrees F the last few nights, and I think the other night when I drove it, it got down to about somewhere between 20-28 degrees outside. I have no clue what to do, where to look, or how to fix it. Has anyone ever heard of something like this happening before and if so do you have any idea what might be wrong and have a solution???