Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery problems 2002 jetta 1.8T

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Default Battery problems 2002 jetta 1.8T

my battery is losing its charge somehow. the alternator is fine, the starter is fine, and i have replaced the battery. when i go out to start my car SOMETIMES, it wont start unless its jumped (because it doesnt have a full start). the other day i was running errands, i would start my car and it would be fine several times, then at my last stop i was going home and my car wouldnt start. i got it jumped and i went home. i got home, turned my car off and went to start it again and it wouldnt start. i took it to the shop and they cant figure it out either and recommended me to a professional electrician. does anyone have the same problems? or could help me out please? thanks!

Old 08-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Default miller

I just replaced a dead battery - no warning -got in and tried to start and nothing but "click,click"- cleaned the post off, jumped the 06 jetta tdi off, ran fine. during the night i looked out and saw the dome lights go on and off by themselves, next day, dead. New battery, and now electrical gremlins have taken over. Dome lights go on and off by themselves, took that fuse out. this morning the door open signal light on dash won't go out, and the small light under the passenger dash stays on. HELP!!!

Old 04-16-2011, 12:29 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by georgeallen
my battery is losing its charge somehow. the alternator is fine, the starter is fine, and i have replaced the battery. when i go out to start my car SOMETIMES, it wont start unless its jumped (because it doesnt have a full start). the other day i was running errands, i would start my car and it would be fine several times, then at my last stop i was going home and my car wouldnt start. i got it jumped and i went home. i got home, turned my car off and went to start it again and it wouldnt start. i took it to the shop and they cant figure it out either and recommended me to a professional electrician. does anyone have the same problems? or could help me out please? thanks!
Check your passenger sun visor, if the cover over the mirror is open slide it closed... If not the battery will continue to discharge after the car has shut off