Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alarm system wilden out

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Default alarm system wilden out

I have kinda a weird problem... my stock alarm system on my '98 jetta (wolfsburg edition) is going crazy. It beeps while I am driving and also wont lock with the keyless entry button. Can anyone pleasehelp me!!!
[sm=dontgetit.gif]
thanks in advance Lilly

Old 05-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Default RE: alarm system wilden out

Hey i kinda had the same problem. i took it a dealer and had the problem diagnosed as the DRIVER SIDE DOOR HARNESS.. They quoted me at 950$ to correct the problem. i ended up fixing it my self for free. If you open up your driver door and pull the rubber jacket back at the bottom of the door. it will expose some wires. check to see if any of those are cut ot ripped. This is where the problem lied for me. so i just soldered all the wires back together and it worked great ever since. hope this helps!!!!

Old 05-18-2007, 11:03 AM

thanks alot. Ive looked at the driver side door before and im going to check out the rest of the doors. I kinda just want to disconnect the entire system. Do you know how? what wires are what? how easy is it and will it affect anything else in the process?

thanks again in advance
Lilly

Old 05-18-2007, 11:37 AM

As i am unsure exactly how to disconnect the entire alarms sytem. but in order to disconect the harness from the door iknow how to do that. when you peel back the rubber sleeve there should be a plastic piece that all the wires are going into. that should just unscrew and then you pull it out. if you disconect that and the problem is fixed then you know thats where the problem i scoming from. as far as which wire does what i am unsure. but you can get a wiring diagram off the internet that will tell you which wires does what. The alarm system is ran through your driverside doors and the stock head unit. but if you decide to fix the wirres that are cut. i just soldered them back together. just match up the colors. that should work make sure you dont cross any or exposed wires do not touch cuz that could really short something out.

hope this helps!!

Old 05-18-2007, 01:24 PM

do you know where I can find a diagram?

Old 05-18-2007, 05:47 PM

i dont know right off hand..but i know that you can get a BENTLY MANUAL for the car and those would probably have one in it.. or you could just do a google search for one and probably find one.. but i have the same exact car, year make model, everything is the same, so i am guessing that it would be the same problem i had.

and to answer a ? from your previous reply.. if you disconnect the driverside door harness the only thing that will be affected is the electronics in that door i.e. locks window mirror speaker... anything elecric thats in the door will not work if disconected.

once again HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

Old 05-19-2007, 03:13 PM

thanks again. i havent tries it yet. its been raing all week but its nice to kno that all that will be affected isTHATdoor. I have been worrying about the car dieing if i disconnect something wrong.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:07 AM

Im new the the VW scene but I had some alarm problems with my infiniti that drove me nuts, come to find out it was just the battery in the key chain remote. I cant say thats your problem but you might want to give it a try.