Volkswagen Golf
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ALARM SYSTEM GOING CRAZY PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Default ALARM SYSTEM GOING CRAZY PLEASE HELP!!

I own a 99 Golf. I got into my car yesterday and when I shut the door and turned the key to the ignition the alarm randomly started to go off. My remote for the alarm has been broken for months so I was unable to shut the alarm off that way. So I let the alarm run out and tried to start the car again and the alarm immediately started to go off again. I tried this two more times and it continued to do the same thing.

Is there any fuse I can disconnect and then reconnect to reset the alarm?
Please help!

Old 04-13-2007, 02:07 AM
Default RE: ALARM SYSTEM GOING CRAZY PLEASE HELP!!

if your panic button is broke, you can hit the unlock button and it will do the same thing. if your remote is entirely broken, i;m not sure but i would try to unlock the door with your key. to make sure that your alarm doesnt go off, try hitting the unlock button right before you try to start your car, it seems to work for me. my 2000 gls does the same thing and i was told it had something to do with the lock box (by the same technician who broke it by fixing a recall on my window). if you ever find out how to fix this alarm issue, let me know too

Old 05-02-2007, 05:03 PM

My wife owns a 2001 with that displays similar behaviour..........I pull the fuse for the door lock (key icon in the fuse panel) that seems to reset things and they have a tendancy to work for a while (4-6 mons)

I believe the underlying problem is in some "module" that would require replacement.........personally I'll just keep pulling the fuse every now and then.

Hope this helps....

Ed

Old 05-03-2007, 10:59 PM

Hey i have a 96 jetta that did the same thing if you dont want to pull a fusta all i had to do was get out shut the door lock the door and then unlock it and the alarm disenagaged itself so you can try that as well