Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 Jetta GLS - LOTS of problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Default 2002 Jetta GLS - LOTS of problems

I've been trying to solve my A/C problem for a year. Silly, I know. I have friends that do the work on my car. So far I have a new condenser, compressor, valve, and a new line (sorry don't remember which one). When the A/C initially died, foam pieces started blowing out of the vents in the car. The car only blows hot air. There is something not right and preventing the compressor from pushing the cold air into the cabin. Many people have looked at the car and can't figure it out.

The car is also having numerous electrical problems. The sunroof is posessed. I have not opened it in 8 months. The last time I did, it would not close completely and it took close to an hour to get it shut.

The driver side window sometimes goes up when you want it to go down.

The airbag light is on but the airbag has never been discharged.

The car sometimes will not start even though it has a new battery.

My car has been very good to me up until the past year or so. But in this heat, I need to get the A/C fixed. I dumped $1,000 in parts last year and now need to find out what the problem really is. It has close to 200,000 miles on it and I'd like to keep it going a little longer.

I remember coming across a post when I ran a google search showing some sort of electrical unit that had corrosion which caused the persons compressor to fail (?) and thus their a/c did not work.

If anyone has had any similiar problems and has some suggestions, please let me know.

Thank you!

Old 04-04-2011, 04:08 PM

there is a coil that could be plugged up that the compressor pumps into. the coil will be somewhere around the cabin of the car, probably close to the fan that pumps air into the cabin. the foam blowing out could be insulation on some of the heating/cooling lines or the air ducts. this sounds like something to take to a professional to me.