Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Jetta wont start please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Unhappy 2000 Jetta wont start please help!!!

I don't even know where to start with this! I went to work last week the gages went dead and the mile one started blinking super fast. After work the car would not start it would turn over then putter out. I had it towed back to my house. After a day we UN hooked the battery then hooked it back up everything started working so I ran it to auto zone to have it tested. They told me my alternator was working when it wanted to.
I pull the alternator out of the car and had it tested it passed the entire test etc. We put that back in the car it was running no problem.. I took it to get it tested again everything seem a go. I took the kids out to play last night came back out and car would not start. I went today to get the car UN hooked battery again hooked it back up and started up once again. On the way home my gages went dead and where it tells you how many miles are on the car stated blinking real fast again. Everything else was working radio heat etc just not the gages. The car made it like 20-30 miles home once I turned it off it won’t start again!! Please help I have no idea what is wrong with it!
Clairegar@gmail.com
You can email me as well....

Old 12-04-2009, 08:09 AM

Basic Troubleshooting
Is the battery ok?Do you have oil in the engine? Is there enough fuel in the tank?it's a very common situation when the fuel gauge isn't working properly and the car runs out of fuel with the fuel gauge still showing some fuel in the tank.