Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1.6 FSI Jetta losing power/Throttle body change

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 09:34 AM
Default 1.6 FSI Jetta losing power/Throttle body change

Hi!

​​Perhaps, someone can help me with an issue.
I drive a 2006 Jetta 1.6 FSI (I believe engine code is BLF).

The problem is random power loss when driving, especially on low rpm's.

Background: The problem accured about a month ago. Started noticing some power losses. Decided to change the spark plugs. Once I took the ignition coils off, 2 of them (first and fourth) had oild on them, same goes for spark plugs. I have cleaned ignition coils and changed the spark plugs, and the problem disappeared for about 50 kilometeres. Then same again. Decided to change ignition coils, and about week passed since received them. When I took the "oily" ignition coils, they were OK, no oil. Changed them anyways. The problem was still there.

Took the car to the shop, they said the problem is throttle body. Didn't have the money to buy new one, so took the car back, found a used throttle body, changed it and the problem was gone for about 20 kilometeres, the it came back. Only now, it does seem to be a bit better, and the problem shows up mostly when the engine is in working temperature.

Perhaps the throttle body I bought is faulty? Maybe it needs to be aligned? If so, is there any way it can be done without VAG-COM? Unfortunately, I do not have access to any diagnostic tool..

Maybe this has happened to someone?

Hope I described the issue detailed enough.

Thank you in advanceMiroslav