Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Airbag Fault" UPDATED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Default "Airbag Fault" UPDATED!!!

I have had a 2006 Jetta TDI for about 3 months now. About 8 weeks ago, I was sitting in a Sonic waiting for my food, and, out of nowhere, my airbag light came on and the message "Airbag Fault" popped up on the message center. I did not worry about it too much since it doesn't affect the function of the car.

I took it in today for service and pointed it out to the dealership. Well, they changed out a wire that apparently they had been having issues with before to the point that a note had been put out by VW. It fixed the problem for about two hours. I got my car back, and as I left work this afternoon, the light and the same message came back on. And just like before, it comes on every time I start the car.

The dealership has told me to bring it back in tomorrow and they will look at it again.

Anyone had issues like this with their airbag sensors?

Old 01-15-2007, 11:56 PM
Default RE: "Airbag Fault" UPDATED!!!

HELP!!!

Today I picked up my Jetta from the service department for the third time in two weeks...MISSION??? Get rid of that stupid "AIRBAG FAULT" light!!!

For the third time, I left the dealership, and within five minutes, the light was back on.

SOMEBODY PLEASE STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]