Go Back  Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts > VW MODELS > Volkswagen GTi / TDi
Reload this Page >

Unhooked battery while changing out Coil Pack Connector. Now car wont start

Unhooked battery while changing out Coil Pack Connector. Now car wont start

Old 12-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Default Unhooked battery while changing out Coil Pack Connector. Now car wont start

I have 2003 GTI 1.8T. I was replacing one of the connectors for the coil pack, and also replaced the crankcase breather. But while doing so I had disconnected the battery. Then when I connected it and tried to start the car, it just cranks but the engine wont turn over. Its almost like the motor isnt getting any gas. It had run fine before that though. Theres also a small humming sound now coming from somewhere aeound the battery. Ive tried everything. Anybody know whats going on?