turbo problem ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 08:18 AM
Default turbo problem ???

I have a golf gt tdi pd 150 yr is 2002 i think i have problem with turbo.
Does anyone know if turbo can cause problems without actually blowing up altogether and with regards to changing turbo other than the turbo itself what else should be changed and checked etc to make sure it is changed correct.

Old 04-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Default RE: turbo problem ???

Well, since you are very general about the problem, it is difficult to explain. Try rephrasing the problem in a more specific manner. (EX: Turbo reacts late, or turbo not working, or my car is too slow). If your car is going too slow, It could be possible that the vacume hose (Located under you engine cover) is not pushing your turbo to the limit. also if your car is going too slow, It is possible that your side mount entercooler (Located behind your right side fener) is not cooling you trubo. If your car is going too fast, it means that your vacume has a leak (check the pipes) and it could blow up your turbo. To summirize, Turbo works with the vacume and the intercooler. Check the pipes leading from one to the other. also you can measure your boost level at full power (Throtle). It should be around 10-11. If you boost at 5, it means that your intercooler is not cooling your turbo. Try not boosting for a while, then boost again and see if it goes up to 10. If it does, your intercooler is fine. If it doesnt, probably your entercoler is leaking or not functioning. Get it fixed quick unless you wana pay for a new turbo. This is as far as I can go. E-mail me at electroliquidsoccer@yahoo.com if you have questions. Good luck.

Old 05-09-2007, 03:04 AM

is it a mk4

Old 05-09-2007, 10:16 AM

he said it was a 2002, so yes! its a mark 4. hehe. i dont know anything about turbos though!

Old 07-03-2007, 08:59 PM

i can't give precise suggestions..but basically turbo are equipments of a car that is used for boosting engine power especially during certain heights or cruising on highways... with my mom's car, it has been installed with saturn turbo. some auto parts stores might give you precise opinions about your problems. if ever you're tired of personally visiting them, internet is a good option for you...

Old 07-28-2007, 01:56 AM

check out the whoses and the connections in ur cars turbo, it can be loose or maybe bursted...the turbo itself might be damaged due to aging..and this may burst if not noticed because of the vacumm, check this link for vw parts..check out the connections from your accelerator, sometimes gas isnt pushed so hard enough due to some hindrances causing it move slowly..