Lots of interior power gone

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 01:15 AM
Default Lots of interior power gone

first of all thank you in advance for anyones time. Also, i am sorry, but i tried to use the search feature first, and i really didn't find anything at all.

HEre is how it started:
I jumpstarted my car and the next thing i knew alot of interior power was lost. The windows do not go up and down, the sunroof does not work, the interior lights do not work, the power mirrors do not work, the locks DO WORK from the inside of the car, AND ALSO if i use the key in the door lock to unlock/lock the doors IT WORKS on BOTH the PASSENGER side and DRIVERS side doors; however, using the BUTTON (keylesss entry transmitter) to unlock the doors does NOT WORK. (understand? if not, ask for clarification). Dashboard lights work, cigarette lightwer works, blinkers work, and blower fan works.

Before i start tracing all these problems back to their source with a meter, i was hoping someone could point me to a power distribution box, or some kind of control module that is known to control all of these functions.

This may be unrelated, but an aftermarket stereo also had certain features stop wrking after the jumpstart (a flip face stopped flipping).