Volkswagen Golf
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Lock/windows/latch/dome light problems.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Question Power Lock/windows/latch/dome light problems.

First time poster, long time VW enthusiast.

Here's my problem; my 2005 VW Golf 2dr's dome lights don't come on, not even the backseat ones, when I push the buttons to activate them. My Keyless entry doesn't register anymore, and when I try to lock the car manual from the drivers side door, it locks, then instantaneously unlocks. Same for when I use the inside lock button on the door. I can't pop the hatch using either the keyless entry button on my key, nor by using the switch near the speaker on the inside of the driver side door.

My alarm also doesn't want to turn on. Both my main Key and back up Key have good batteries, so I've ruled them both out.

Has anybody had this happen before?

My main dome light selector switch on the roof of the cabin seems to have dislodged itself from whatever it is attached to within the front dome light housing on the cabin roof and is hanging limply in it's slider track. Nobody I know knocked it loose like that, and I know I didn't. Has anybody seen this happen spontaneously???

My DTRunning lights, dash lights, and secondary lights turn on just fine. The car starts fine and there are no lights on in the service display in the dash.

I'm at my wits end with this problem and any help would be appreciated.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:54 PM

Hello, this was posted some time ago. I'm having the exact problem with my Golf Mk4, did you get yours sorted? How did you get it sorted? Any help would be great Cheers.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:05 PM

Hello forum, if any one else could shed any light on this matter it would be very much appreciated. Basically the dome light selector switch fell off and then shortly after the cenral locking stopped working, alarm and window operations.

Cheers.