Volkswagen Golf
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Morning start up issues and lemon law questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Default Morning start up issues and lemon law questions

hey guys,
So far i have big problem with my 8month old 2005 Golf GL. First thing that was wrong with it was the passenger side window. Window dropped inside the door becuase mechanism broke. I took it to VW dealership where i bought it and they fixed it for free of course. Second problem 1 to 2 months later was my back door lock. The alarm would go on in the middle of night waking me up. When i would go out to check out the problem it would show that the back door is open and when in fact it was closed. Anywayi took it to the dealership, the same one, montesi vw dealership, and they fixed this problem too, free of charge. So since these two problems were fixed it never happened again which is good. However, about 2 to 3 weeks ago i experienced problem when i start my car in the morning. What happens is that engine is having hard time to start up. It sounds like its trying but something is preventing it. Sometimes i would turn the key and hold it for longer period of time and the engine will be strugling to start up and eventually it will start. However, this only happens on first try in morning. When you turn the key for second try it starts normally and for rest of the day the car runs smooth. I took this problem to the dealship and they test it and said that there was nothing wrong with the car. I took it second time because it kep happening and they did some kind of testing and still could not find anything. I called VW customer service and explained them the problem. They called the dealership and dealership told them that car is runing by the VW specifications. Thats when i got really mad and found out that this is gonna be done the hard way. Then, i talked to the dealership manager and he ended up helping me a lot. He called the VW respresentative to come and amazaingly he showed up next day. I went there to talk to him and his opening statement was that this is gasoline industry fault. He said that gasoline indsutry is adding more alchohol to the gasoline and its making impact on lot of cars lately. He spent 15-20 minutes talking to me about how gas is bad and that was the reason. Anyway, i told them that this car is a lemon and i lost confidence in car and that i want new car. They said that lemon law doesn't apply to them (watch out they all say this) when in fact CT lemon law apllies to every new car in that state. I called AAA to check on this gasoline problem that i was told about and AAA never heard of such a thing or a problem. So obviously the guy is just trying to get rid of me. They kept the car (this is third try so far) to change fule pump and bunch of other stuff related to gas to see if it will fix the problem. I doubt it that they will fix the problem becuase gas has nothing to do with it. They are just full of ....
They did get little scared when i mentioned lemon law. I am still waiting for them to call me to tell me the stauts of the car. I dropped it off on 6/13 and today is 6/14. Keep in mind that CT lemon law says that car has to be 2 years or 24000 miles to qualify for lemon law. My car is 8 months old and 20,838 miles. Maybe they are even trying to delay this problem to escape the lemon law. However, i am playing smart.

So guys what do you think about these issues i had? Did you had any of them particulary morning start ups? Is this car a lemon?
What do you think?

Old 06-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Morning start up issues and lemon law questions

If you ask me, You're doing the right thing, and that rep is dumb. On the other hand, I've been on here for a year and I'll tell you, most startup problem posts start off "In the morning, I turn the car on and nothing happens, after 2nd try car runs good all day." I myself, have never had that problem, but sometimes when I start it, makes a weird, almost grinding noise. As long as the dealership is paying for vthe repairs, and you're not, no miles are being out on it as long as it's in the shop, and I also don't foresee the car being in there more than a week.