Volkswagen Golf
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 04:54 AM
Default help please

I have an VW golf 3 model 95' , and my problem is that the stereo wireing from the right door is broken somewhere (the tweeter from the dash works but not the main right speaker) could you please tell me how to replace this wire , do I have to remove the airbag , or does it run down the dash panel ...I have no idea .thx

Old 01-13-2010, 07:27 AM
Red face Wiring for the Stereo in the Golf 3

Hi there, not sure if the problem is fixed, however i have listed a troubleshooting guide you can use to resolve your issue.

- If you open your right hand side door, you will find a lube which comes out from the door going into the body frame.

- you can choose to open the lube, and use a tester to see which is the stereo wires, normally grey or brown or green or yellow in colour.

- shave a piece of the insulation out and test with a small speaker if there is sound coming out, then you will determine if the problem of from the behind the dash board, or inside the door.

-If it is in the door, you will need to open the door pad, and check the speaker, also check corrosion.

-If in the dash board, then you will need to remove the radio, check for the wires leading to the lube found between the door and frame, remove it and insert new wiring so you can fix the break in connection, however try this before doing that.

- Swop the channels around from left to right on the deck and see if that works ?

Let me know how you come along...