Volkswagen Golf
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heater coming out cold?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Default Heater coming out cold?

Hi i have a mk3 golf 1800 se p reg,i have a problem with the heater?it blows out cold air,i have replaced the radiator,thermostat and thermostat housing but still no luck,i have now taken the thermostat out to see if it was faulty,all the pipes heat up even the ones that go into the heater matrix but still heaters come out cold,i took the water pump off and inspected it and looked ok,it had the metal propellers and they all looked fine.

So i now need help could it be the heater matrix i no this is a big job so i want to be sure its that before i start taking the dash out or could it be anything else?

The only other thing i noticed the car doing under load is pinking?well it sounds like pinking but i thought this could be the water pump making a noise but not sure

the cars temp guage gets to half way after about5 to 10 mins of the car running this is with the thermostat out and in so not really any difference there but it never goes above half way unless idling for about 5 mins in traffic but then the fan cuts in this is also with the thermostat out

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Old 12-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Heater coming out cold?

reverse flush the system you're heater core is prolly plugged.