Volkswagen Golf
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water coming out Exhaust my 2000 VW Golf 4dr GL

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Default Water coming out Exhaust my 2000 VW Golf 4dr GL

Hello all,

This posting applies to all gear heads out there viewing this forum. I'm somewhat knowledgeable with cars and it's mechanic's, but have come across a problem I've never encountered and I'm thinking this will be an easy diagnosis for all you gear heads.

I had the unfortunate luck to buy a lemon I think. Upon the next day of purchasing my 2000 VW Golf GL 4dr I was cleaning out the car and had the engine on idle for about 2.5 hours. I noticed the smoke from my exhaust was a bit more than when I first looked at it before purchasing it and it was a very whitish smoke this time around.

30 minutes later I noticed the floor was getting damp and thought the exhaust smokewas too rich.

Just when I was about to finish off with my cleaning I noticed water started actually spirting out the exhaust and I could hear the engine starting to stall at around the 2.5 hour mark.

I revved it up to see if I could flush out the water from the engine as I don't know if this will work for fuel injection as opposed to carburetor type engines.

Upon driving the car for a few minutes the engine light started blinking and finally stayed on. It drives sort of OK, but still has that whitish smoke coming out the exhaust.

Is this fix worthwile to do?
Is it a small problem that shouldn't cost too much too fix?
What is the diagnosis?

Well, I'm putting up this posting for the first time on this forum and am hoping I can get some constructive analysis or solution to this little dilemma.

Thanks and await your replies :-)

Kevin

Old 03-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Default RE: Water coming out Exhaust my 2000 VW Golf 4dr GL

I think she overheated dude. to fix that it'll be a new head gasket. was it white smoke?