Volkswagen Golf
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

golf died and wotn start please help asap

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 12:32 AM
Default golf died and wotn start please help asap

Ok first off let me say thanks to anyone that trys to help ahead of time...
Im new to the VW world and world of cars in general as all I have owner since I was a kid were jeeps. And Im in a real bind I hgot laid off and had interviews lined up for this week and next... so I need to try to fix my car asap.

The problem...

I was driving home from picking up my girlfriend and my car died. My lights stayed on and the raido stayed on but the engine died. I coasted to the side of the road and pushed it to a car was were I had to leave it. It wont start back. When I turn the key it seems like the starter is turning over but it just isnt starting. It dont even sputter or anything trying to start. could this be the fuel pump. When I turn the key I cant hear it come on but to be honest I cant remeber is I have ever been able to hear it on.

IM Lost

The other week i was taking my girlfriend to the doctor and my car died a few times but started back so i didnt much of it and keep driving. Also lately its been picky when starting. Like when I start it if I try to take off befour it warms up enough car dies. and by warm up I mean when starting it i might have to hold down the gas so its at 2000 rpms for a minute maby more maby less. Not all the time just some... But now it wont start at all so Help.[/align]