Volkswagen Golf
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can any 1 help me with this problem please

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Default Can any 1 help me with this problem please

Hi, i have a vw golf tdi 1.9 2004

A few days back i started to hear a slight noise coming from my engine,more so when i added more power to engine. the following day i had a service new oil an filter and air filter he told me i had a little oil leaking from my turbo pipe seals nothing too much to worry about but keep a eye on it ,anyway i drove out of the garage and stright away i could hear that noise again this time it was alot louder... i drove to work (about 3 miles) parked it up. on the way home the noise became even louder and just before parking the car up the noise was there without adding power to me car.
The next day i thought i would remove the cover to my engine to try and figure out where the noise was coming from ...i did that went to start my car but it was just clicking and would not turn over the battery is fine but was wondering if all this could be somthing to so with my starter motor as am not loseing any power to the car before i parked it up it was just that noise.
Also when i took it to vw on 106.292 miles i was told about the oil leak from turbo seals and was also told about noisey flywheel?
could the flywheel have somthing to do with it? could the starter motor be the problem? i dout the slighty leaking turbo pipes have anything to do with it as am not loseing power an the noise dont sound like it could be that.
At the min my car is stuck in my carpark with me not knowing what to do i can't move it as it wont start and if i don't know what the problem is then i can't get a idea of the cost i don't have the money to just let a garage take it and just paye whatever it may cost so am stuck at the min?

Does any1 have any idea what my problem might be with the information i gave?

My car is on 117096 miles now

I would be very greatful of any idea's or help that could be given with my problem
cheers calum.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:05 AM

did you check with your local vw dealership? i'm sure they would know the answer. best of luck!

Old 04-28-2012, 09:45 AM

I just had my turbo replaced on my 2003 Jetta--it wasn't cheap--over $1600

Old 04-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Default humm

The answer to my question was my flywheel had shattered.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by st0ned9
The answer to my question was my flywheel had shattered.
You mean the dual mass flywheel (DMF) as a standard flywheel doesn't shatter?

Old 05-05-2012, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Keithuk
You mean the dual mass flywheel (DMF) as a standard flywheel doesn't shatter?
Yes correct dual mass flywheel cost alot more , could have risked putting a conversion kit on it but didn't want to take a chance as if it would have happed again chances where it would have smashed a hole in gear box