Volkswagen Golf
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Fluid/Headlights Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Default Brake Fluid/Headlights Problem

Hey,

I just bought a 1998 Volkswgen Golf 4 door standard transmission a few months ago, lately while driving it. ESPECIALLY at night time when driving to work, my brake fluid light or emergancy brake light will come on for about 30 seconds min at the max or longer. While this takes place my headlights shut off, turn signals don't work, windshield wippers, radio, pretty much everything doesn't work, it's almost as if someone turned the light switched off in my car :S.

I've taken it to the mechanic many of times, he thought it might be my e-brake being lose, tightened it and still occurs, I'm not really worried about the light itself coming on, but the fact that when I'm driving at night, my lights turn off and windshielf wippers no longer work, this has happened while driving in extreme rain and I've had to pull over on the side of the road with my vehicle running waiting for the light to go out and everything to work again. My next assumption is the brake fluid sensor, my brake fluid is full I check it everyday now since this has been going on. But not sure maybe it's a faulty sensor or needs to be replaced. But why in the first place would it affect my electrical in my car when coming on?

Any comments/positive feedback would be greatly appreciated at this time, thanks.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:56 AM

IMO take it to a VW dealer ship and get them to run the computer on it. they will be able to tell you what is wrong with it. it could be a number of things that could cause that to happen.