Help with my 2000 CABRIO only 91K

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Default Help with my 2000 CABRIO only 91K

Here is the recent saga of my 2000 VW Cabrio:

I Had drivers rear wheel body panel and rear bumper replaced by Xxx Yxxx after a very minor bump in a parking lot from someone. . I didn’t notice any problems, but a week later I Took car toBBBBBB to have A/C fixed finally (after saving for 2 years).

First they thought it just needed a charge, but told me it needed the throttle body replaced so I did that. Ouch $$$. After that the Fan blower and wipers cut off intermittently on start-up. Turning off engine and restarting usually cures it. I think the brake light comes on then also. But, after 3 days the A/C stopped blowing cold.

I took it back to them and they figured out I needed a new A/C condenser and replaced the heater core then, too. Ouch again.

A week later it just quit while driving. Stopped dead.

I had it towed toBBBBB and they said the starter was bad. I’d had the starter replaced 11 months before, so got the car over toThe AAAA, where it was still under warranty and they replaced it.
ThenBBBBBB got it back and checked it out and said that they couldn’t pinpoint the problem, they thought it was electrical.

Now, I have problems starting engine (especially during high humidity/rain). It took 5-6 times of cranking before it would stay running. Engine sputters after finally starting, and died 4 times one rainy Monday morning. The A/C cut off during this crazy session, although the wipers and blower stayed on thankfully! This has all happend in the past 2 months. I never had any real problems before now.

Also, I noticed since the first body repair, that there is this mysterious black styrofoam box wired to the pass side rear taillight area that is just kin of sitting ther and gets slid around while driving. Do you think this is causing some kind of short?

Any body have any ideas?