Help Please .. how to trace a very old Bug?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Smile Help Please .. how to trace a very old Bug?

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum so a big Hello to your all!

Being a VW fan I acquired a beautiful 1959 Mango split screen campervan nearly 2 years ago! and have had so much fun .. BUT this is straying from my point somewhat ... sorry

A very dear acquaintance of mine, a Mr Richard Thompson (NO NO not the Richard Thompson LOL) served in Malindi, on the coast near the Indian Ocean during the second world War and had as his very best friend, a lovely black bug ... he has such fond memories of his car and informed me recently, that sadly he misses it and would dearly like to know if it was 'still around' so to speak. It had the registration number - KFD 906. I would love to be able to trace his bug, so does anyone out there know how to go about this OR just maybe, you own a bug with this registration. I know it is a very very long shot in the dark .. but it would make someone very happy ...Also if you would like to see pics of Richard and his bug please let me know as he has sent me little stories about his bug which I have found very interesting and if anyone else would like to hear of how a little black bug spent its time during the war, just let me know ... thanks everyone ... Junie :0)