1973 1300 beetle engine running bad please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 01:15 AM
Default 1973 1300 beetle engine running bad please help!!

Hi' I have brought this beetle with no carb so there do I didn't know if it was a runner.
since I have bought it I have fitted a new carb which I have also striped completely, cleaned and have re-assembled, I have also fitted an electronic ignition in the form of a new distributor, I have fitted a new coil, a new fuel pump, new fuel filter.
I have also done the spark plug gap, the valve gaps as well as the auto choke gap.
It still doesn't run right
Any ideas??

Old 06-13-2017, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Sethwp.23
Hi' I have brought this beetle with no carb so there do I didn't know if it was a runner.
since I have bought it I have fitted a new carb which I have also striped completely, cleaned and have re-assembled, I have also fitted an electronic ignition in the form of a new distributor, I have fitted a new coil, a new fuel pump, new fuel filter.
I have also done the spark plug gap, the valve gaps as well as the auto choke gap.
It still doesn't run right
Any ideas??
A new carb which type standard or replacement? Electronic ignition distributor which type?

Which new coil as the electronic ignition coil is different from the original Beetle coil, the primary resistance is lower.

You made 2 other posts on the same subject in the wrong section which have been deleted.