Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it here.

how low can you go?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 04:55 AM
Default RE: how low can you go?

have you heard anything about the h and r touring cup kit. i was thinking about purchacing that for my GTI. but then again i was think between just the lowering springs the oe sport spring and the sport spring. give some feedback. what do you think i should do. i like the idea of the cup kit, because i'll have all new suspension parts to go with the suspension. with the springs all i have would be just the springs and maybe new bushings and bearings with stock shocks and struts. don't know what i should go with. how stiff is the touring cup kit???

Old 12-14-2006, 01:01 PM

I've done some lookin around and seeing what everyone has to say about this subject, porfessionals down to DIYers with an experience, from what i gather the best way to go would be a cup kit or coilovers, some say you can go just springs and be fine but most say you cant, and that something will break, i almost did so but held off after reading further into it. coilovers are the best bet of all, but they are the most expensive by far, but the cup kit looks mighty good to me.

here is the one i will be buying before too long hopefully:

http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_details.asp?app=31|G4&type=2&ltype=ns_euro &p_id=1524

Some say to build you own cup kit is a good way to go, but it might be hard to piece it together, springs are no problem but drop shocks and struts the will work well with might be tough.
just my 2 cents, im going with a cup, i dont have the desire to spend a ridiculous amount on coilovers when a cup kit will be sufficient and i dont care about adjusting the height.
good luck
-j

Old 12-14-2006, 03:49 PM

i've heard that the coilover kits are real stiff and bumpy. i still want to cruise around town with out rattling my brains out my head. so i was thinking about the touring cup kit. it's relatively inexpensive compared to coilover kit, plus the touring kit still has some ride comfortablity(only reading what H and R says). When i get that kit i will be getting the sway bars along with it.

Old 12-14-2006, 05:11 PM

sounds like a plan to me bud, im gonna be doing the same before long, so let me know how it goes for ya

Old 12-26-2006, 02:18 AM

i would look at vogtland
or www.180motorsports.com thay sale vogtland

Old 01-12-2007, 09:44 PM

figures you would suggest 180motorsports:P

Old 02-04-2007, 08:34 PM

gt a mk3 dropped 60mm on 17z with gmax n spax springs looks ace speed ramps r crap thow

Old 08-04-2007, 10:48 AM

ORIGINAL: Wilder

Curious how often anyone sees a bagged jetta? I am gonna bag mine and I was wondering how much wheel would be tucking, if any.
Im the only Bagged Jetta I have ever found, Im sure someone else has done it , but I havent found them yet.

that pic the car is on 15's and I just got a pair of 18"s still need tires they will TUCK real hard.

depending on what yr yur jetta is, it will be a pain in the *** todo, they didnt make a kit for my car, I had to make my own.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:54 AM

ohh and can you go this LOW hahahha Baggs FTW

Old 08-06-2007, 11:51 PM

this is my buddy pauls car. no air bags. all suspension. i forgot his settup but its ridiculous. NOT TO SAY YOURS ISN'T!!

Name:  mk3_002.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  72.3 KB

Quick Reply: how low can you go?