Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it here.

how low can you go?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Default how low can you go?

how low can you go with drop springs? what does everyone have for springs. im thinking about the tein s tech springs, does anyone have these?

Old 09-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Default RE: how low can you go?

Teins are very, very nice, man. My best friend has teins on his civic. I'm not sure which model they are, though... I know that they are high end. He does autocross and his suspension is incredible! I'm planning on getting some for my VW. It handles well now... I can only imagine what it will be like.

Old 05-25-2006, 06:21 AM

I need too drop my 2000 volskwagen and good suggestions?

Old 05-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

I got a pair of JDM lowering springs, they were pretty nice, but I gave them to a friend with a civic, they work better on his I think.

Old 05-30-2006, 10:31 PM

i wanted to lower my bug but if i put on airbags couldnt i lower and raise it?

Old 06-02-2006, 06:05 PM

I would recommend koni and eibach (proven in all sorts of racing), h&r and bilstein seem to work well also - It all depends on what you are looking for i.e. if you want a kit that just slaps in or if you have enough knowledge to piece together something that is going to work although this sometimes involves some fabrication (for my a2 gti it was quite alot of fab) - the lower you want to go the stiffer you are gonna want your springs (so you arent bottoming out or pounding the bump stops) and the stiffer the springs the more damping you need to control them (so your not riding on 4 pogo sticks)...Im not a big fan of kits, in my opinion they all suck because they compromise too many things - you cant have a lowered, cushy lexus ride and expect it not to bottom or have progressive rate lowering springs that actually make the car handle like a race car - its not that simple!!! I think my car rides exceptionally well considering the high spring rates but I built this car to be a autoxer and track car, so its primary goal was the best handling possible as low as I could get it...the car sits about 1.5-1.75" lower now, has very little body roll, squat or dive and doesnt bottom out but its prolly a lil too stiff to take a girl out on a date in....

Old 06-02-2006, 08:39 PM
Jsd

but its prolly a lil too stiff to take a girl out on a date in....

Hey if the girl doesn't like your ride then she's not for you lololol

-Jeff

Old 06-16-2006, 12:54 AM

Ive got a 2.5" drop with B&G Sportline springs and KYB shocks...The shocks are crap but the springs are awesome..

Whatever you do, do a brackround check...Ask around to find the best deal for your car

Old 08-07-2006, 02:08 AM

Curious how often anyone sees a bagged jetta? I am gonna bag mine and I was wondering how much wheel would be tucking, if any.

Old 08-08-2006, 04:14 PM

I read in a few places, that with any less than 2 inches you dont have to change out shocks and struts, but 2 and lower you would want to, and it also said that any lower than 2.5 youll have to deal with teh drive shaft, not sure what all it entailed cause by that time i was like oh screw it. and i decided to go with something around a 1.5 or 1.75, just to bring her down a bit and stiffen her up with some good shocks. are far as bagged goes... not so much, maybe in a magazine but not in real life... i hate the ride of bagged cars though. i guess its one you have to get used to.

Quick Reply: how low can you go?