PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Golf GTI Mk1 shell on Ebay NO RESERVE

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 12:52 AM
Default Golf GTI Mk1 shell on Ebay NO RESERVE

Ebay Item no 220645307871:

Free to a good home. Well, almost.

What you are looking at here is a shell. Complete with rust.

THE GOOD BITS.

Not many. It is, or was, a Mk 1 GTI. It has a good fuel tank and working fuel pump. Brake servo and master cylinder. Much of the bodywork is solid.

THE BAD BITS.

Lots.

No engine, gearbox, steering rack, driveshafts, front hubs, front brakes, suspension, front or back.
No seats.
Extensive rust in front panel. Sunroof drainage channel perished, resulting in rust at bottom of at least one A pillar. Rear hatch also has rust (see pic).

I am willing to take any additional photographs that anyone asks for.

Car is currently on a neighbour's trailer, but you will need your own to come and collect. Best bring at least one strong friend with you as well.

IN CONCLUSION

I may be able to add some parts, including hubs and radiator, by the time auction ends. Contact me. I also may well be interested in selling some of the other parts needed to complete the rebuild. Again, contact me, let's talk.

I have seen worse shells turned into show winning cars. If you have your own garage and your own welding skills, it may well be worth your while to turn this sorry wreck back into a truly wonderful car.

If you are THINKING of bidding, pls email me with a phone number and we can chat about the logistics of collection. Bids from people who haven't been in touch with me will be ignored.

Payment by PayPal or cash on collection. Contact within 24 hrs of auction end essential. I may ask for a deposit by PayPal.

I am willing to take any additional photographs that anyone asks for.

Offered for sale in the spirit of keeping one more wonderful car on the road.... or taking it down the scrappie.