PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

74 Standard Beetle for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Default 74 Standard Beetle for sale

Hey guys, due to some other financial obligations (specifically, I need to get foundation work done on my house) the toy needs to go. It's sad because I haven't had it very long, but first things first...the house is more important than having a 2nd car. Here's the facts:

Orange 1974 Standard Beetle - purchased on June 25th. Have not yet gotten it registered in Texas. Have clear title from previous owner.
Here's what I have done:

Stock Muffler
Headlight Switch
Brake shoes all around
Front Brake cylinders / flex hoses
Master Cylinder
Brand new Solex H30/31PICT carb
Complete tune-up (Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, points, condensor, fuel filter)
New Coil
Bosch wiper blades
Fuel tank sending unit
Tachometer - in-dash
Oil Temperature guage - in-dash
Hood latch assembly
Driver side mirror
Engine lid seal
H4 headlights (on the way from supplier)
Valve adjustment 7/17/05
Front wheel bearings repacked 7/17/05

Sacrificing for $2000

This car is an excellent and dependable daily driver. Smooth, straight ride on the highway and just as happy cruising around town. Glossy orange paint, seat covers look new, and carpet is great. The car comes with a VERY nice stereo, but I'm not sure which component has the problem, the stereo or the speakers. Stereo powers up but won't play. It may be an easy fix - It's a Sony X-PLOD stereo and some NICE, big Kicker speakers in a custom box....These items go with the car. Also have a brand new Haynes manual still in the wrapper, and 8 cork valve cover gaskets.

The odometer doesn't work, but everything else in the guage cluster works. The car is fit and ready for inspection - Everything else in the car is functional except the emergency flasher. The dome light even works from both doors. The worst problem that I'm aware of is that the passenger floor pan will probably need to be repaired or replaced on the bottom of the car. Topside is in good condtion, but needs some attention from the bottom.

Below are links to pictures. It can also be seen at my office from 7AM to 4PM: 2637 Summit in Plano, or message me and we can arrange for you to swing by my house to take a look in the evening. Message me if you're interested, I'll email you the better pictures.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cbryan...d7.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cbryan...f7.jpg&.src=ph

Thanks guys!
Charlie
Orange74 - Plano, TX