Volkswagen Golf
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

questions for you people with a golf (standard/gti/tdi/or even r32)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Default questions for you people with a golf (standard/gti/tdi/or even r32)

im looking to buy a first car and just love the golf.

i was just wondering what insurance is like for these models.

and how these cars are on like rainy days, or on ice.

i would get a stick, and would be my everyday car to drive to school and the such.

thanks for all the help guys.

Old 07-14-2007, 12:12 AM
Default RE: questions for you people with a golf (standard/gti/tdi/or even r32)

G'day mate, i got a 1978 vw golf and insurance and rego are extremely good i don't know what part of the world you are from but i am from South Australia and it is all very cheap. Excess though is a bitch because it is over 25 years old it is an extra 400 bucks or something...which i found out the hardway. My golf from day 1 has had so many problem's and i have spend atleast $7000 the fix it up but in the end it was worth it. The older model's like mine though are not to reliable but handle well when drifting because they were originally used for rally :P If you were to get a golf, go the newer model's for reliability reason's the amount of job's i have lost because my car would break down was unblievable but when al fixed up was well worth it. If you do get an older model like mine, make sure you check it through, master cylinder, and my drum break's were the biggest problem's i had. So just be carefull with older model's. Great looking car's though and great sideways

Old 07-16-2007, 08:50 AM

i have a mk4 GTI 1.8T, insurance is not bad at all 150 a month for full coverage and thats with a turbo. rainy days are never a problem but floods could potentially be, as long as youre careful not problems.

Old 07-22-2007, 02:36 PM

I've got a 93 CL and parts are extreamly cheap. insurance is too.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:10 AM

I have a 98 Golf GL..I Love it...This is the car that got me hooked on VW's....And it was also my first car. They get good gas mileage if ya take care of them, and with a good set of tires, or low-profiles, it is flawless even in the rain/ice....The insurance (here in NC, USA) is dirt cheap too. The parts (OEM or factory parts) are a little harder to come around, but are getting easier to find now that their popularity has skyrocketed. The aftermarker parts are everywhere, so you can easily put in a stage 2 trans. and a cold air intake and smoke about 95% of the cars you come across...Its a major sleeper, and perfect for everyday driving. STOP READING AND GO BUY IT!

Old 07-23-2007, 03:55 PM

welp pretty much covered in here. but hey, my orange gti with a vr6 has lower insurance than my 4 door green jetta 2.0 so, there ya go. i love mine, never had any issues in ice rain snow wind or anything.