Does anyone know anything about VW Karmann camper vans ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 07:30 AM
Default Does anyone know anything about VW Karmann camper vans ?

Hi everyone

I am just about to purchase a 1989 VW Karmann camper van - which is more like small motorhome than the trad VW camper. Its had £5000 work of work on engine and exterior and v low mileage - basically £5000 worth of work in the last five years. Its just been MOT'd and has had an interior service etc.. I've test driven it and checked around the body work undercarriage etc and seems fine to me. Its a left hand drive imported from germany and very unusual model I believe

Getting a full RAC inspection too which has shocked me at £280 !!! but thing its worth it for peace of mind....

Firstly is £9000 a good price ? Its in very good nick inside and out all original fittings, bathroom, shower, kitchen, auto sat tv, solar etc... but I can't find anything to compare it to on the internet or for sale in magazines....

How easy would it be to get parts/work done on a more unusual model/import ?

Anyone know of any good places to get it modified ? - needs things like a safe, more plug sockets, new shower head etc...

so many questions but is my first camper ;-)..... (wanna go in with open eyes though !)