General Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone know where I can get a motor to swap into my GTI?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Default Does anyone know where I can get a motor to swap into my GTI?

Hello everyone, I have a red 1992 VW GTI [non turbo, fwd, 16v 2 liter] the orginal stock motor that is in it, I believe blew up. Well either way, to much wrong with it, to try to keep working on it. I was just wanting to make it simple and Motor swap it. This is my first Volkswagon, not my first car. So I was wondering if anyone knew what motors can go into my car easily? [Obviously other than another VW motor] Like if Honda motors will go in directly? Well any info would be great.
I am also willing to put in another VW motor. If it is my only option, can someone give me a link to a site that sells VW motors that will go into my GTI? Thank you very much!

Someone said to put in a VR6? Does anyone know where I can get one of those? And does it bolt up directly? I am just looking for a easy swap. There has to be some website that sells VW motors like some places sell JDM's? [honda, nissan, etc.]

~Mark

Old 10-23-2006, 05:25 PM
Default RE: Does anyone know where I can get a motor to swap into my GTI?

i wasnt going to reply but i cant take it no longer, JUNKYARD JUNKYARD JUNKYARD, an invaluable source of information and material they can give you known easy bolt-ins. as long as you go to a reputable place not joes been in business for ever and know-it-all sakvage yard, around here we have pick a part yards you pay two bucks and can scrounge around all day. the more modern places offer warranty on used engines and those warranties also pay for your time so buying from them can be beneficial.hope this helps.