Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

VORDERMANS MOTOR WERKS VW DEALER IN FORT WAYNE INDIANA RIPPED ME OFF

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Default VORDERMANS MOTOR WERKS VW DEALER IN FORT WAYNE INDIANA RIPPED ME OFF

EVERYONE NEEDS TO KNOW THIS Please dont buy here
This dealership scammed me. I purchased a 1988 VW GTi from them. "It is the owners sons car" they said. So I figured it would be a safe one to buy. After I purchased it I drove it twords home and realized the odometer dident work, the car has no catiletic convertor, no brake lights, hail damage, no interior, improper seating that was barley bolted in the car, and it broke down before I got home. The sensor on the distributer was held on by zip ties.... They refused to return the car and tried to avoid my calls. I am curently retaining a lawyer and protecting my rights, I plan to file several charges agaist this dealership. I want them to know they CAN NOT do this to people.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Default RE: VORDERMANS MOTOR WERKS VW DEALER IN FORT WAYNE INDIANA RIPPED ME OFF

We read with great interest about the purchase of an ’88 GTi through our dealership by Riceless. It might also be of interest to forum readers to read some of the details he left out. Those details were certainly enlightening to his State's Attorney General, whose office closed his complaint within 24 hours of receiving our response.

Prior to his purchase, we exchanged emails, made phone calls and sent pictures. We told him that the car had been an autocrosser, that the original interior bad been removed, that it was owned jointly by the dealership owner and his son, and that any sale would be as-is.

He arrived one night after we were closed, inspected the car on our lot and got a motel. The next day, he inspected the car again, drove it, and met with the dealer's son to discuss the car and its history. Virtually everything he is now complaining about was either disclosed to him or was obvious to him. The seller agreed to give him the original interior parts, including seats, and RiceIess agreed to buy the car as-is.

He stayed overnight again while the car owner collected up all the interior parts to give him. The following day, he looked the car over again, paid for it and received an assigned title from the owners of the car. That title showed the owners of the car to be the dealer and his son, as represented to Riceless from the start.

The distributor problem he claims was unknown to the seller, who has offered to replace it at no charge or reimburse him $100.

Riceless has purchased a car used in autocross competition with modifications made for that purpose and he understood that. He inspected the car thoroughly, test drove it as long as he wanted, and had a conversation with the car's owner to find out anything else he wanted to know about it. In the end, he chose to buy it as-is, and now he doesn't want it.

What we have here is a case of buyer's remorse in a well-informed buyer who does not want to accept his part of an as-is purchase. His depiction on this and other forums as the hapless victim of a scam artist is at least ludicrous. We will let forum readers reach their own conclusion, and let our attorney decide if his implications have reached the level of slander.

Vorderman Volkswagen