Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 11:00 AM
Default Help!

What do you do when you decode the VIN and find that it has records in the USA, Poland and Czechoslovakia including 7 stolen reports in Czechoslovakia? We are in N. America and we know that it was imported to N. America new.

Old 04-23-2019, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Default Welcome to Volkswagen Forum - Rules & Recommendations

You don't say where you live?

There are no good free VIN number decoders online. There are companies that will do this for a price.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Keithuk
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Default Welcome to Volkswagen Forum - Rules & Recommendations

You don't say where you live?

There are no good free VIN number decoders online. There are companies that will do this for a price.
So very sorry for posting "first post" in the wrong location. I actually spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out where to ask this question, but clearly, I failed. Please don't worry -- I'm not going anywhere. I'm just grateful that I found the VW Forum. We have a red 1994 2.5 litre 5 cyl gas automatic VW Eurovan CV Westfalia (California Coach in Europe). Isabella is our 2nd Eurovan, the first being a white 1994 2.5 litre, 5 cyl, diesel manual Eurovan CV Westfalia. We regret selling the manual diesel, but we lived in the interior of British Columbia, Canada at the time and couldn't find a mechanic that could fix her (there were only 11 diesel models imported to Canada in that year). She became unreliable each and every time we left the house.

Thank you for your response and related information. I'm guessing that you are unable to recommend a Canadian company that does this work? I think maybe I'll start with the dealer in Vernon, British Columbia to see if they can make a recommendation.

I also need a paint code so perhaps they can help with that too. The label, which is apparently attached beside the fuse panel in Eurovans, is not there. The problem is that Isabella was one of the last Eurovan CV/Westfalias manufactured in Germany and shipped to Canada. The CV was never exported to the USA (they only received the Weekender). My research indicates that there are different paint codes for Europe and the USA in different years. So if anyone can tell me where I can locate the paint code on a Canadian CV/Westfalia that would be very helpful.

Old 04-24-2019, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Ok you've added your location.

Please tell us your car spec in your signature

I'm a mod not an admin so I can't add your car specs to your signature.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:04 AM

I added my car specs yesterday, but haven't sent a message yet. Let's see if it adds this time. I have checked "Show your signature" below.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:05 AM

Does that satisfy your requirements sir?

Old 04-25-2019, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Your signature looks ok but you still haven't made an intro.

Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 08/1990-10/1996, Model: EuroVan, Engine Code: ACU, 81Kw, 110PS, 2.5 Ltr, 5 Cyls, Remarks: Digifant
Manufacturer: VW, Date(s) Used: 09/1990-07/1995, Model: EuroVan, Engine Code: AAF, 81Kw, 110PS, 2.5 Ltr, 5 Cyls, Remarks: Digifant

Old 04-25-2019, 11:11 AM

Sir,

I just posted an introduction with a photo, but can't see it in the thread. Now wish I had copied it in case this happened. Please let me know if you can see it somewhere? I will also update my signature with engine code. Just found the sticker yesterday although it is glued in a place that prevents us from seeing all of it. I wonder what they were thinking when they did that. I did find the paint code though. Yay!

PS, I found the photo in the gallery, but still can't find the "Mandatory Introduction",

Old 12-24-2019, 02:33 PM

Just found the sticker yesterday although it is glued in a place that prevents us from seeing all of it. I wonder what they were thinking when they did that. I did find the paint code though. Yay!

>Lucky Patcher Kodi nox

Last edited by paityda; 12-24-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:12 AM