Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

The Closer collection series 1-5

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Default The Closer collection series 1-5

If you're like me and gave up on "Heroes" early on (or like many others, during season buy Castle dvd 2) give this season and season all seasons of Boston Legal dvd boxset 3 a chance, the show has really matured and is worth a watch. Everybody Loves Raymond dvd season 1-9 While Heroes has become the "cool" thing to pick on by the media, the show has definitely been rock solid. With a season as strong as Season 4, I can't wait to see what the Blu-Ray has to offer. Heroes DVD/Blu-Rays (and HD DVDs) have always been PACKED with tons and tons of bonus content that Burn Notice series 1-3 dvd fans can only dream of having from other shows. Commentary on almost every episode? Yep that's been the trend in the past. I only wish that every other TV show that was released on DVD would look at what Heroes has done and give the fans what they want. LOTS OF BONUS CONTENT. We've already seen the shows. We can watch buy Ugly Betty dvd them on Xbox, Amazon, PS3, Netflix, etc... DeadWood 1-3 dvd seasons this is exactly why I look forward to the Heroes sets more than any other show... So... for the technical merit:SPECSLike most TV shows on Blu, HEROES is delivered as 1080P on a 1.78:1 (16:9) aspect ratio, meaning that, unlike some movies, it will completely fill your TV screen with some of the special features shot on 480i/480p (standard def).The best sound is English DTS-HD MA 5.1 but the special features could have English Dolby Digital 2.0.Subtitles are available in English, French and Spanish.CONTENTSBesides the 18 episodes, you will find Northern Exposure 1-6 series boxed set a number of special features.- In full Hi-Def* Deconstructing Sylar* Behind the Big Top* Heroes Revolution* Milo Speaks* Sullivan Brothers Design Gallery* Genetics of a Scene- Also, possibly worth watching and found on ALL 4 discs:* Deleted/Extended Scenes - me not impressed * Hero Connections Network - familiar to those who watched the previous seasons on Blu and 'an essential'As you are watching the episodes, U-Control is available, allowing you to bring up important Bio information on the Scrubs collection boxset characters on screen at the time.pocketBLU, a feature I didn't use that (how much is too much?) would upload some bonus features to your smart Ghost Whisperer 1-5 complete boxset phone and would also allow you to use your phone as a virtual remote control but... I already have a dedicated one.Finally, BD-Live would give you access to a rather awkward all seasons of Macgyver box set browser through each you could download some trailers and the the publisher purchase Heroes may try to sell you some items.PACKAGINGUnlike many of today's Blu-ray (and DVD) movies that are packaged in depressingly 'cheap' looking and feeling cases to save a penny or 2, HEROES is not only feature-packed as far as contents but it's actually coming in a nice package. There are some 3-D highlights on the outer cardboard jacket and the discs are held securely inside a nice-looking 'folder'. If HBO's 'Rome' were a 'ten' (stunningly beautiful) as far as Blu packaging goes, 'HEROES Season 4' would be an easy 'eight', meaning 'very nice' or 'I like it'.MY RATINGAgain, without discussing 'content', this 'Season 4' was worth my purchase and I'm now glad I Cold Case boxset 1-7 kept myself away from TV whenever HEROES (and LOST) were showing because I am not fully enjoying this season without commercials distractions.On the technical merit alone, this (last) season of HEROES is a 5 star release.__________________________________________ ___Now, when it comes to the artistic merit... I am not surprised that the show complete The Closer dvd was cancelled. This last season was in many ways a disappointment and it was sometimes painful to watch the show collapsing under its own wait. Plot lines going nowhere fast or disappearing, characters literally sick and tired Leverage boxset 1-2 seasons or out on incomprehensible or unneeded side quests... HEROES was very much exhausted half-way though its abbreviated season.I am sorry to say but, from an artistic/entertaining point of view, this HEROES season barely earns a 2-star rating. I very much enjoyed SEASON ONE and I found TWO and THREE quite compelling and worth watching and re-watching but I doubt I will ever watch SEASON FOUR again.-- >> Brush your teeth, it's the law! << The fourth season of Heroes (or the fifth volume if you prefer) arguably sees the popular show return to it's first season form. The show certainly took a dive in it's second and third seasons but definitely makes up for it with this fourth season.Volume Five Redemption sees our favourite heroes seeking redemption after the events of the last volume, the biggest one being Sylar turning into Nathan Petrelli thanks to Matt Parkman, H.R.G. and Angela Petrelli. Most of the other heroes have tried to return to living normal lives: Peter working as a nurse, Claire going to collage, Hiro setting up a 'Dial-a-Hero' service with Ando. When a mysterious carnival headed by Samuel Sullivan comes into town, our heroes must deal with this new group as well The Closer collection series 1-5 as shocking revelations of the past and uncertain future. Although both cast and crew were expecting a fifth season to be picked up, NBC chose to cancel the show, leaving the finale (although The Mentalist complete 1-2 season good in its own right) somewhat unsatisfying. I can only hope Tim Kring keeps his promise of continuing the storyline in the future through other mediums. The DVD packing is stunning, using carnival motifs which reflect the carnival which is a focus within the show.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:01 AM

I love this show Burn notice.Its a really good show.