New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Virginia Newbie Intro

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 09:12 PM
Smile Virginia Newbie Intro

Hey members,

I bought my son a brand new 2004 VW Jetta GLI (gunmetal grey metallic) years ago as a graduation present and he has been a VW driver ever since! We all own German cars in my family - my wife has a BMW, I have an old Porsche hobby car and a BMW daily driver. We used to own Audis for years. We keep an open mind. At the present time, my son and his wife both work for the State Dept and have just been shipped overseas for a 2 year deployment. Son cannot take his car with him as it is more than 6 years old and against the rules of the country where he is now stationed. So 2 days before he shipped out, he bought a 2018 VW Golf that I never got to see, and he shipped it overseas. He left me with his beloved daily driver for the last 2 years ('12 VW Golf 2D Man Blue) and asked me to sell it.

I am a retired Electrical Design Engineer. Early on in my career I specialized in military grade 3-phase permanent magnet motor drives (like those found in EV & Hybrid cars, and tanks), then later I changed fields and became a DSP hardware and software designer for the telecommunications industry, creating equipment that performed ultra precision measurement of deployed cable parameters. Overall, my career was very exciting and challenging but also very stressful as important customers demanded the very best equipment delivered on short schedules. On weekends when I was not hanging out with my family, fast motorcycles and sport cars took the edge off.

I spin wrenches on all of my motorcycles and on my Porsche, but I limit my car repair on the newer BMWs to oil and brake pad changes.

- Dave
Adventure Motorcyclist

Old 10-10-2019, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

Its nice to see you made an intro on your own.

Please tell us your car spec in your signature

Last edited by Keithuk; 10-22-2019 at 05:35 AM.