New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dvds 24 hours

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Default Dvds 24 hours

The only gripe I have with it is the fact that they sale all seasons of Babylon 5 used a promotional picture of Nikki instead of Tracy on the cover, which as a huge fan of the show seems somewhat lazy on the behalf of the DVD cover designers. The special features are good, giving a good insight into the show and order MASH seasons dvd how it was made. Although previous boxsets of Heroes DVDs came chock-a-block full of commentaries, it is a pity that they did not continue this with the fourth season. Overall Heroes Season The Shield all seasons boxset Four is a must for sci-fi fans. The show returns to form and sees our favourite characters in interesting situations as well as the introduction of instantly popular new characters. A fair farewell to the show which got us to "save the cheerleader, save the world". I only hope that fans can can look forward to the 'brave new world' which Tim Kring has promised... Though Heroes Season 4 managed to improve on Seasons 2 and 3 (no big feat really) it still suffered severely from "go nowhere" syndrome. You would think in the course of 13 episodes something of significance might actually happen on the show, but that was rarely the case. Week after week, the show just limped along-nothing really noteworthy occuring other than putting the viewer into a bore-coma. I applaud the change of scenery with the addition of the carnival setting though and that addition alone showed a lot of promise in the beginning. But as always-Heroes again devolved into an unintentionally silly show plagued with the same problems that have hindered MASH all seasons set it creatively post season 1: goofy story lines, inconsistent characters and powers, plot lines that go nowhere, etc. I completely lost interest in Season 4 by the end and even Scrubs boxset 1-9 season sat out a couple of episodes right before the finale. (No longer had the patience to tune in) I did catch Friday Night Lights complete on dvd box set the finale though and thankfully in the last five minutes they finally did something they should have done in season 1. It's too little too late though and now the show Mad Men tv series dvd has been cancelled. It really Medium box set collection saddens me that Heroes has coasted along on fumes since the end of season one. I'm glad they're finally put this long ailing show out of its misery. I can honestly say I have never seen a television show with such potential lose its mojo so quickly and completely as heroes did. It really is a shame. I suggest watching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles set 1-2 series Season 4 only if you suffer from Insomnia. It's a great cure. It put me right to sleep every Monday evening tuning in... The Heroes TV series began with a huge bang. The characters and intersecting plotlines kept you captivated until the climatic season ending. Very well done.Season 2 started out slowly, but still all seasons of Northern Exposure box sets had strong acting and character interaction. House MD 1-6 dvd set I enjoyed this season primarily for Hiro's journey back into feudal Japan as Hiro was by far the best character on the show in my opinion.Season 3 was a mess. As people here have already said, there were characters that we met in Season 2 only to see them drop off the face of the Earth and forgotten in Season 3. Add in stupid storylines like Peter and Nathan's father coming to life (boy was that guy a terribl buy Law & Order season actor and the internment camp plot line that had some promise, but fell flat in the end.)So comes Season 4 with hope and promise that they could have redeemed the series back to its original glory, sadly this is not the case. Some quick points:#1) Too much Claire. Her character became annoying and unwatchable in this season. I didn't understand why the producers insisted on her having so purchase Queer as Folk series dvd much air time, but they did at the expense of the show.#2) While Robert Knepper is a good actor and the Miami Vice collection Samuel Sullivan character was creepy, the whole carnival angle dragged on for too long with a silly ending.#3) I was hoping for more Hiro in this season, but dvds 24 hours sadly we didn't get that. The few times we did The King of Queens 1-9 seasons were the bright spots of this season. Particularly the touching scenes with him and Charlie.#4) Not enough development of Noah's character. How about having a cool angle with him battling his wife's new guy who is secretly a special planning bad things and taunting him and his failed marriage? That would have been good stuff. Instead Noah is diminished to a sad character who spends time in regret and wondering about what could have been. What a waste.Bottom line: I don't blame NBC for cancelling this show.

Old 03-19-2011, 04:23 AM

I love to watch shows and movies on dvds.Thanks for telling us about them.