General Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Default Steering Questions

I have a 2006 Volkswagon Golf.

Is is normal for my steering to be going towards the right when I let go of the steering wheel?

I have asked the dealership and they have said this is normal for all Volkswagons. They told me it is standard just incase you fall asleep at the wheel and that it's suppose to wake you up. Something doesn't sound right about that! [sm=nono.gif]

Anyone know about his?

Old 07-05-2006, 11:47 PM
Jsd
Default RE: Steering Questions

Okay whoever told you this, should not have a job! I dont' care if it came straight from VW, they should be out of business!

The only benefit of it pulling to the right is if you did actually fall asleep you'd hit the ditch and not oncoming traffic...depending on where you live of course lol

All you could need is a wheel alignment. Some places are good, if you don't need one, but the check anyways, you'll just pay a small fee. It could also be the roads you're driving on. They all naturally crown in most areas for water run off and normal wear from vehicles. Your best bet is to park your car on a flat flat road, as straight as possible and do a visual inspection, see if your front tires look pretty straight, if not, get an alignment. I recently got mine aligned, as it was also pulling to the right.

ps. the only thing thats normal and designed to wake you up behind the wheel are called rumble strips built into some roads. Not poor alignment.

-Jeff

Old 07-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Default RE: Steering Questions

Thank you very much. I knew there was something wrong about what they told me. I'm really frustrated with this dealership.

For the first time in my life I have a new car. I had to take it back twice to have the paint buffed because there were orange specks of paint all over the car. About a week after I took it in the second time, I noticed there were two dents on top of the hood. Also when I bought the car I had to wait about 2 weeks to get a botton for the inside of the car and the VW symbol that belongs on the rim.

I thought buying a new car you are suppose to get a new car. I just have had a bad experience.