Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steaming up windows

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 08:19 AM
t01
Default Steaming up windows

Hi there...

I've got a brand new Mark 5 Golf GT TDi in September. Since I have had it, I've had real trouble with the windows steaming up really quickly (within a matter of seconds) when I get into the car. This is really frustrating. It also steams up really quickly when I have passengers as well. Is this a known problem? Have other people experienced this?

Thanks.

Old 12-30-2005, 12:42 AM
Jsd
Default RE: Steaming up windows

I don't think it really has much to do with the car as it does the weather. Changes in air temperature will cause condensation. Have you looked at other possibilities? I noticed even depending on how you breathe, can speed up that annoying fog. Everytime I get into my buddy's Grand Prix it steams right up. I honestly don't know and/or doubt it has to do with the glass in your VW, perhaps other members might have a solution.

-Jeff

Old 01-02-2006, 05:23 PM

hiya...

what you've got is very a common problem that occurs within all enclosed spaces...poor ventilation! This is made worse by microscopic dust particles attaching themselves to your window that in turn allows condensation to attach to the particles and cause steamy windows!

However, you will be pleased to know that the solution is very, very simple and straight-forward. Most car dealerships do this with their vehicles. Get a dry cloth and squeeze some Washing-up Liquid (the one you use to clean dishes, not clothes). Then apply that to the inside of your windows making sure that the liquid is fully embossed on the glass. Keep rubbing-in the liquid until it completely disappears (use circular motion). This will now produce a glass surface that will not allow those tiny dust particles to accumulate and therefore stop that condensation from building up on the glass. You will have to re-apply the liquid every few months to keep up the durability. In the meantime you should also allow for good ventilation in your car (wind down windows in good weather or open the sunroof etc), ensure you regularly vacuum the inside and if necessary wash the seats every 12 months also clean the dash-board etc.

Best Regards

Mas

Old 06-06-2006, 09:16 PM

Your flor might be wet from a leek windsheild door seal etc. this will cause the problen also a leek in your heatercore will steam things up quick

Old 06-08-2006, 05:31 PM

I've noticed cars that have that rain ex or any other type of additive on the windsheild that sheds rain fog a lot faster than normal.