General Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Skippy the CD player

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 06:01 AM
Default Skippy the CD player

Hello.

I have an annoying problem with the CD player in my car - which hopefully someone can help me with.

The CD player is a RCD 210 installed in a 2008 VW Polo 1.4 TDI Blue Motion.

If I am playing a live CD, the unit skips a few seconds between the tracks. This is irritating if there is some interesting banter from the audience or the performer.

What particularly annoyed me was that I have the Bob Dylan Live ’66 CD and there is a very famous part where Dylan is heckled and called a ‘Judas’ to which he responds by turning to the band and telling them to ‘Play it f’ing loud’. Of course that doesn’t happen at all in the car!

Another CD that doesn’t play correctly is Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd – the songs seem to be cut short. Presumably this is because the CD player doesn’t recognise the sound effects between the songs.

Both the Live ’66 and the Dark Side of the Moon CDs play perfectly in a portable CD player.

I don’t have the manual for the RCD 210, so I have no way of knowing if this can be adjusted or if it is a design fault. If someone knows how to solve this problem or where I could download a manual I would be grateful – I have searched on the internet, but with no luck.

Thanks for any advice and I wish you a-happy-rock-n-roll motoring down the highways of life.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum John. Name:  VWwelcome.gif
Views: 94
Size:  951 Bytes

If you use the CD player alot of the time then the lense my need a clean you can use the same lense cleaners as you do in a computer.

Are these original CD's or burnt ones?

Well I never use my CD player in my RCD 310 everything is on a flash drive. I'm not sure if you can adapt a MDI lead to an RCD 210. If you Name:  google.gif
Views: 97
Size:  2.0 KB this option there are plenty of threads.