General Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

piece of sh*t car! someone please help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 01:15 AM
Default piece of sh*t car! someone please help!

ok, I've had my 2000 beetle glsfor over 3 years now and have had really nothing but problems with it. the sunroof was broke when i got it- which the dealership failed to fix, it pops up but wont open all the way. the check engine light has been on forever. I had the code checked (came back as P0411)and was told that it's an emissions thing- smog pump- whatever.... not sure what it exactly is and dont have the money to take it in to get looked at. this past winter, i was fortunate enough to get stuck in some snow which broke my lower front valance, which then broke my radiator fan (small one for a/c) and my radiator. i fixed the fan and radiator but now my a/c doesnt work (which sucks with hacing black leather on 90 degree days). what could possibly be the problem? also, for awhile my car would die... or wouldnt start. not sure why but i would let it sit all day after tryin all morning and suddenlt it would start. one of those times my airbag warning light came on and has been on ever since. car hasnt died since then but the check engine and airbag light havent gone off either. to add to that, i found out that my high setting for my wipers doesnt work now, which sucks in rain. not sure why or how to fix that. and now to top it all off, my locks (lock i should say, since i only have the drivers side one) isn't working. the key pad on my keys dont work so i have to manually lock and unlock my doors. lately, and frequently, i've been having issues with the doors actaully locking/unlocking. if the car doesnt "beep" when doing it, it wont work, and if i try to start the carwith out itbeeping firstthe alarm will go off which means i stand outside tryin to unlock it until the alarm goes off.... took me almost 5 minutes to get into my car today! i'm at my wits end with this car and cant wait till i can get rid of it.... CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHATS WRONG AND HOW TO FIX IT!!!

THANKS SO MUCH!

Old 01-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Default RE: piece of sh*t car! someone please help!

man, that sounds like a lemon or just a bad ecu. Everything is going wrong and it sounds electrical.