General Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mystery VIN???? HELPME!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 02:47 AM
Default Mystery VIN???? HELPME!!!!

I traded a freind and picked up a dune buggy with all VW parts (motor, trans, suspension, etc etc) it had no plate(but it came from texas), no title, and a VW VIN rivited to it... the VIN reads 1112960324 Is there any classic bug vin experts out there who will give me some information on this vin? or perhaps where i can find the info im looking for? Help would be GREATLY appreciated because i want to get this monster street legal as soon as possible.. After i aquired it i smashed around for a month until i toasted the stock motor so i parked it and while i had it in the garage figured it put some hours into it.. so I Stripped it down to the frame, Painted the frame gloss black, rewired the entire buggy, Rebuilt the motor (1600 duel port, mild scat cam, duel weber 44's, petronix ignition, melling oil pump, full external oil cooling system with fan, filter, and 95 fin cooler, killer B race fan, full race exhaust with massive stinger {and a flamethrower kit for kicks and giggles}, to name off a few things), reman halfshafts, new bearings and bushings all the way around the chassy, AND I CANT DRIVE IT ON THE STREET![IMG][/IMG] its all wired for street including the hazards and high beams! and i cant get a plate for it... I was pretty happy just flyin around in the desert but im tired of either trailering it around or always watchin my back for the local cops tryin to nail me (twice already, once doin 95 on the freeway and another for spinnin doughnuts in the gas station parking lot, didnt get nailed for the gas station one cuz the owner was smilin from ear to ear, but the 25 over+ no registration+no insurance ticket killed me) I want to drive this beast to school for the end of my senior year.. and to work.. but i cant because i cant afford any more tickets.. PLease help me out so that i will be able to finally finish this project.
Joshua Wing
Las Vegas NV
(I havent been to the DMV yet... dont have a title to change over, ive never had to deal with this problem before)

Old 03-16-2006, 01:02 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Mystery VIN???? HELPME!!!!

how about a dealership?