General Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maybe an easier, faster way to do DSG oil change.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 07:33 PM
Default Maybe an easier, faster way to do DSG oil change.

I purchased a 12 volt, 80 Watt oil pump intended for doing dipstick oil changes, and used it to pump the new DSG oil back into the transmission after the draining process (including changing the filter in the traditional "remove the battery box method") was complete and the fill level tube was re-installed.

I used the VAG transmission oil change tool in the drain plug hole as would be typical, but instead of buying an expensive hand pump or using the super slow gravity feed method, I used an inexpensive 12v pump I purchased on Amazon to pump the relatively light DCT oil into the transmission.

It took about 30 seconds for each liter container, and with a little bit of tilting the new oil container, it drained it down to the point where there were only a few drops of oil left in each container.
I added about 5 liters to the transmission, and then I disconnected the pump.
I allowed the clean overflow oil to drain back into one of the empty 1 liter oil containers. After allowing the overflow to drain, I started the engine, ran the transmission through the gears following the procedures in the service manual, and then allowed the transmission to reach 45 degrees C.
Following the 45 degree warm-up, I tried to pump another 1/2 liter of oil back into the transmission, but after disconnecting the pump from the tool, most of that drained back out into a clean container...... Maybe I added a small amount of additional oil with that process.
When there was almost no oil coming out of the VAG fill tool, I removed the tool, re-installed the drain plug with a new washer, and called it good.
Using this pump was -for me- less expensive and faster than the gravity feed kits.
This is the oil pump I used:
PLUMIA Oil Change Pump Extractor 12V 80W, Upgraded Diesel Fluid Scavenge Suction Oil Transfer Pump with Tube, Marine Oil Change Pump and Electric Oil Pump, For Boat Car Motorcycle ATV Pump picture

Old 02-05-2022, 12:41 AM

I bought a 12 volt, 80 Watt oil siphon planned for doing dipstick oil changes, and utilized it to siphon the new DSG oil once more into the transmission after the depleting system (counting changing the channel in the conventional "eliminate the battery box technique") was finished and the fill level cylinder was re-introduced. I utilized the VAG transmission oil change instrument in the channel plug opening as would be normal, yet rather than purchasing a costly hand siphon or utilizing the very sluggish gravity feed strategy, I utilized a modest 12v siphon I bought on Amazon to siphon the generally light DCT oil into the transmission.

9Apps Showbox

Last edited by Ali Nazim; 02-05-2022 at 07:25 AM.