General Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlights/High Beams Low Beams and Day Lights!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 02:12 AM
Default Headlights/High Beams Low Beams and Day Lights!

Hi everyone! I found your site by googling a question. It brought me here but I am not sure I found my answer and thought maybe someone could help.

I bought a 2006 Passat Value Edition a couple of weeks ago and the first time I drove it at night I could hardly see my headlights on the road ahead of me.

I thought maybe they were just adjusted incorrectly and pointing down. But now I am not sure my low beams are working at all. The DRL are on all the time. And when I turn the headlight switch on, nothing changes with the headlights themselves, just the parking lights come on and my dashboard lights up. (I do not have the "automatic" setting on my switch). Then when the switch is in the on position, I can turn on the brights and they come on. So should there be more lights come on when I turn the switch from DRL to low beams? Or are they the same only with the parking lights now on?

I guess the question in a nut shell is, are the lowbeams the same as the DRL and that bulb or should they be brighter?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Old 12-25-2013, 08:05 AM

Same thing brought me to this forum. I have 2010 Passat and am looking to upgrade headlight because stock lights are almost useless. I upgraded bulbs but that did not make a huge difference. DRL are same as low beams. Has anyone found a good quality upgrade for their headlights? Hate to drop $300+ on an unknown...