VWF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with VWF? Ask. Have a suggestion to better VWF? Tell us here.

Mechanical problem, in need of help really bad

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 10:13 AM
Default Mechanical problem, in need of help really bad

I've been havingproblems with my 2005 Jetta that is at (117,000km) for more than 1 year now and the dealer can't seem to find the problem or they are jus incompetent. Since I have started to change tires on it I allways have to go back to have it rebalanced. I do a lot of highway one hour in the morning and back at night.

When they balance the car, I go with the mechanic and everything seems to be o.k., but as soon as I drive for a while the vibration starts again and it gets so bad that I can't even find a spot that it won't vibrate. I even feel it on my legs. Now the other day I noticed that when I press on the gas it will vibrate really bad and when I release it in kind of stops to vibrate but not at 100%.

At the dealer the young mechanic told me that when you get your tires balances they are very fragile, so not to press the gas pedal and push it to the floor.....like hello, I'm a 42 year old lady.

I have brought my car to 4 garages and the 3 of them say it's a mechanical problem and the dealer seem to think I'm crazy. Two of them can't repair it, because they only specialize in tires. And the third one says they will need to start taking it a part to see what is the problem, but I am scared that it will cost me a lot and that is what he told me.

I was wondering if anyone had the same problem with there VW. I really need help with this.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Default RE: Mechanical problem, in need of help really bad

It's not your tires.... when their balanced, it doesn't
matter how you drive it doesn't change a thing, their not
fragile at all. You have a mechanical problem, sounds like
it could be the CV joints on the axles. It also could be
the harmonic balancer on the crankshaft, But not being
able to inspect the vehicle it's very hard to say. Could be
it would be less costly to bite the bullet and trade up to
a different vehicle.