Transporter 2500 TDI will not start?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Default Transporter 2500 TDI will not start?

hi all,
i,ve just joined the forum hoping for some advise,i,m new to computors so please bare with me.I have a vw transporter 2500 tdi short wheelbase van on an 02 plate,i drove home and parked up last night with no problems at all,but when i went to start it this morning it would,nt start,i noticed the heater plug light was not showing but the engine turned over as normal but would,nt fire up so got the green flag recovery out to it.The mechanic plugged in his scanner and added all the info he needed to but it just kept coming up with NO COMMUNICATION!,all fuses ect ect have been checked and i,ve had an auto electrician to the van and again when the second scanner was plugged in the same happened,no communication with the ecu!,all information put into the scanner has been checked and double checked.when we put a wire straight from the battery to the fuel solinoid the heater plug coil light came on and the engine fired up,when we took the wire off the engine cut out,all other electrics seem ok,any help to what this fault may be would be much appreciated,thanks in advance Tom.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:13 AM

i have exactly the same problem but no idea what is causing it im an engineer and i have a auto electrican friend with conciderable experience but no joy i am running it with batt to solenoid on a switch cos its needed daily! Ahhhh! if u do this remember to switch it off at night or youll have a flat batt in morning!