Volkswagen Polo - Ping noise?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 10:56 AM
Default Volkswagen Polo - Ping noise?

Hi so i have a VW POLO 1.4 (16V) its my first car (so its a 2nd hand car) , sometimes i hear like "ping ping" just twice when i turn my car off, and i always think its just normal but today going round a round-a-bout the car made a ping noise :S dont know if its me been paranoid ( i have no warning lights on ) , and the car went for a service last month but u always hear romours of garages not doing everything so u go back haha... what do you think ? Sorry if its a stupid question but my knowledge of cars is REALLY bad lol

Old 06-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Name:  VWwelcome.gif
Views: 1409
Size:  951 Bytes

This pinging noise is it internal like the ping from a dash warning or external?

Old 06-14-2012, 12:37 AM

thank you , when i stop the car it sounds like it comes from the dashboard! but when i was turning the roundabout i THINK i heard it come from the passengers side (maybe external?) (we drive on the right side of the road so our round abouts go anticlockwise haha)

Old 06-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

Well noises are hard to describe/explain on a forum. Can you record the noise on your phone and post that?

Old 06-14-2012, 10:49 AM

i cnt record it,happens to fast haha its literally a "bing" noise how u say it "Bing Bing" ...i used the car today and it didnt play it :s

Old 06-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Well the only other thing I can suggest is find someone with VAG-COM\VCDS to do an Autoscan to see if any errors are logged. I don't know where you live because you haven't entered that info but in the States I'm told AutoZone will do a free scan with the hope you buy something of them.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:29 AM

I live in Gibraltar ( I dont think gibraltar was on the list) haha, theres no lights on the dashboard andd car was serviced last month :/ im so conffused

Old 06-14-2012, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Well if you check the Vag-Com Lacator Map there is someone in Malaga with one if you want to contact them. Or you buy yourself a VAG-COM cable as they are very useful.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:43 AM

Are they expensive?? and thank you soo much for your help!! Really appreciate it

Old 06-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

You've said you have a VW POLO 1.4 (16V) but you don't say what year. I've asked users to add their car spec to there signature is saves asking.

https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/ne...gnature-34185/

Only one user has that I've seen.

An original cable isn't cheap from Ross Tech for USB-HEX-CAN or Micro-CAN or one of their Distributors. They do VCDS Lite version of there software that some people use with cloned leads.

You will find them on cheap on eBay but they are mainly Chinese clones and aren't guaranteed to work.

VCDS Compatibility Charts

Quick Reply: Volkswagen Polo - Ping noise?