Polo 1600 / Automatic / Petrol

Old 05-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Unhappy Polo 1600 / Automatic / Petrol

Hi.

Can anyone shed any light as to what maybe the problem.

Polo started fine (as normal). Been out 3 times this morning. Went to start the engine and although it turned over fine, it wont fire up. Fuel gets to the small filter, but it appears that it wont pass through the pipe. Didnt notice if I was getting a spark. (Pipe is in good condition and quarter of tank full)

Pulling it into the garage tomorrow morning, BUT any idea's would be most welcome to save the trip

Old 05-12-2010, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by vespafan View Post
hi.

Can anyone shed any light as to what maybe the problem.

Polo started fine (as normal). Been out 3 times this morning. Went to start the engine and although it turned over fine, it wont fire up. Fuel gets to the small filter, but it appears that it wont pass through the pipe. Didnt notice if i was getting a spark. (pipe is in good condition and quarter of tank full). Admitidly, i did fill up on a near - empty tank. Maybe dirt has entered the fuel line ?

Pulling it into the garage tomorrow morning, but any idea's would be most welcome to save the trip
problem solved: New ignition coil. Old coil burnt out