VW Passat 2009 starting wiring diagram?

  #1  
Old 02-05-2018, 04:57 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 6
Default VW Passat 2009 starting wiring diagram?

Hi all, anyone know where I can find a starting wiring diagram for a VW Passat 2009? I'm trying to find one online but haven't gotten any luck. Any help will be appreciated.
 
  #2  
Old 02-06-2018, 09:22 AM
Keithuk's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stoke on Trent, England
Posts: 2,213
Default

Originally Posted by 2009vw View Post
Hi all, anyone know where I can find a starting wiring diagram for a VW Passat 2009? I'm trying to find one online but haven't gotten any luck. Any help will be appreciated.
What's your problem as you need starting wiring diagram? You can get a copy of ElsaWin or you can buy a manual.

https://haynes.com/en-gb/volkswagen/passat/2005-2010
 
  #3  
Old 02-08-2018, 08:41 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 6
Default

Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
What's your problem as you need starting wiring diagram? You can get a copy of ElsaWin or you can buy a manual.

https://haynes.com/en-gb/volkswagen/passat/2005-2010
Hi Keithuk, thanks for your input. As I was driving my car I got a message on the dashboard stating something a long the lines of steering wheel column lock defect. As I came to a stop, the engine totally shut off and the car wouldn't start anymore. I believe this is a common issue and would require re-programming and removal of the wheel. But to make sure it's not a faulty relay I was trying to look at the wiring diagram.
 
  #4  
Old 02-09-2018, 05:30 AM
Keithuk's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stoke on Trent, England
Posts: 2,213
Default

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing.
 
  #5  
Old 02-10-2018, 01:07 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 6
Default

Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing.
I attempted to do so but now the ignition won't turn on anymore but the car does read that a key is in when I insert it.
 
  #6  
Old 02-11-2018, 08:13 AM
Keithuk's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stoke on Trent, England
Posts: 2,213
Default

Originally Posted by 2009vw View Post
I attempted to do so but now the ignition won't turn on anymore but the car does read that a key is in when I insert it.
The key only has to be turned on to do an AutoScan it doesn't have to run.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
99vdubber
General Tech
1
03-21-2017 09:31 PM
mattiasson
Volkswagen Golf
3
10-07-2010 01:04 PM
xariver30
Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
1
04-21-2008 06:22 PM
staxxer
Volkswagen Golf
0
02-19-2008 12:12 AM
xxatomantxx
Volkswagen Beetle
0
11-12-2006 09:44 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: VW Passat 2009 starting wiring diagram?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.