Electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Default Electrical issues

I own a 95 Passat Wolfsburg GLS with a 2.0.
I am having problems with my windows, warning lamps, a speaker and the cruise control.
The previous owner hurriedly installed a new head unit(SupertunerIIID) and speakers but I have a bad feeling they piggie backed power or used power they weren't supposed to.
I can open 3 out of the 4 windows(can't open LR passenger window)with my key but not with any of the switches while only being able to open the drivers side with the switch.
I can occasionally open the passenger side with the switch but it's moody as well as the cruise control. I checked for vacuum leaks but could not find any.
I also do not have power to the master window switch in the center dash, I even replaced the switch to no avail.
I took it to my mechanic and found a high/low voltage error/spike so I assumed that was the problem; but that is not the case unless there is a short somewhere
When the car was bought I noticed the warning lamp for the ABS/EBRAKE/AIRBAG was defective and when I opened it up(I work with electronics for a living) the circuit board had blown traces and blown LED'S. I repaired it but still no power.
If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it!
THANKS!!!!