2010 Passat keys

Old 04-06-2018, 07:09 PM
Default 2010 Passat keys

Hello all,
I am a first time VW owner and just purchased a 2010 Passat 2.0T. It was traded in with only one ignition key and no owners manual. I have already found a complete owners manual on eBay (which hasn’t arrived yet) but I’m wondering how much a spare ignition key will set me back from the dealer? I also do not have a key for the trunk and fuel door release buttons lock located on the driver door. Any suggestions where I might obtain this key? Finally, can the dealer provide me with my radio code or any other codes I may eventually need?

Thanks

Old 04-07-2018, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mtschairman
Hello all,
I am a first time VW owner and just purchased a 2010 Passat 2.0T. It was traded in with only one ignition key and no owners manual. I have already found a complete owners manual on eBay (which hasn’t arrived yet) but I’m wondering how much a spare ignition key will set me back from the dealer? I also do not have a key for the trunk and fuel door release buttons lock located on the driver door. Any suggestions where I might obtain this key? Finally, can the dealer provide me with my radio code or any other codes I may eventually need?

Thanks
First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Default Welcome to Volkswagen Forum - Rules & Recommendations

New keys can only be ordered and programmed by a dealer who has online access to the VW computer network. You done need the radio code as that is stored in the ecu.

I USA they have a Valet key.

Old 04-07-2018, 07:39 AM

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I will read the Rukes & Recommendations more closely. I’ll call the dealer regarding a back up ignition key. I’ve heard several costs but I’m guessing a couple hundred bucks. I’ll also try I USA for a valet key. As a first time VW owner I look forward to future interactions on this forum.

Thanks again.