New passat owner already having to trouble shoot

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 04:04 AM
Default New passat owner already having to trouble shoot

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a 2000 passat and although i think this car will be a very enjoyable adventure, I have already found that I am searching for troubleshooting answers. After having a new stereo installed (the one that came with the car was useless) the car wouldn't start. at this point ive had the car for a couple of weeks and the mechanics seem fine. No noises of concern seems to drive smooth so on and so fourth. THe obvious clue was the changing of the radio. I was doing a little internet research and stumbled upon passat world. After a bit of digging around i found some post that sounded similar to my issue. The culprit come to find out was Fuse #14. After replacing the Fuse the car fired to life with no Issues. so problem solved for the moment. (Although replacing the 10 amp fuse has become a bit of a ritual) The other issue I found was that after about a week the blinkers stopped blinking the lights just stayed lit. Further research pointed to the relay in the car. I have ordered the replacement and it looks like an easy fix. Now coming to the point I have been helped immensely by this site already so i figured i might as well join, my assumption is that those are not the only problems that will come up with this car. I knew going in that there would be some things i would have to deal with and i welcome the challenge. As i wrote earlier the car mechanically seems fine so i am not yet completely regretting the purchase. Anyway i am looking forward to learning more about this car and perhaps in the future putting in some of my own experiences. thanks for the read